What is JQuery?
jQuery is a very good and simple library which can be implemented to create a rich user interface simplifying the web 2.0 development. The jQuery event model is normalized to work across multiple browsers.
What are the features of jQuery?
- DOM element selections using the cross-browser open source selector engine Sizzle, a spin-off out of the jQuery project.
- DOM traversal and modification (including support for CSS 1-3)
- DOM manipulation based on CSS selectors that uses node elements name and node elements attributes (id and class) as criteria to build selectors
- Effects and animations
- Extensibility through plug-ins
- Utilities - such as user agent information, feature detection
- Compatibility methods that are natively available in modern browsers but need fallbacks for older ones - For example the inArray() and each() functions.
- Cross-browser support
What are the available Libraries?
How jQuery works?
- Include the reference to the the jQuery.js file.
- Include the reference to the CSS file (if any; this comes up when we use the jQuery to design web pages.).