Views are precompiled SQL statements, which can involve more thatn one table. The SQL developer / user can refer to all the columns in the views as being referred to a single table.
Trivia on Views
- Can use joins to get columns from more than one table.
- Can hide columns form the user.
- Can act as aggregated tables where there are complex calculations performed to get the column values.
- Takes lesser tome to execute, since the statement is precompiled.
- Does occupy a little memory but does not store the records as in table.
- Views can be updated, if there is one to one relationship between the rows in the view and tables.
Tags: Views in SQL, Views, Trivia on Views,